Saturday, August 25, 2007

Making Scallops from a slit punch

Sometime last year I remember when it was discovered that you can create a wonderful scallop from the Stampin Up! slit punch. I saw it being done all over the place and since I had the Slit Punch I thought I should really try that. But for some reason I never did. And that has nagged me...for a long time.
Last weekend I had my monthly stamp camp and this was a technique that I really wanted to teach. But for the life of me I could not find that darn tutorial. I scoured SCS looking for it. Spent all kinds of time looking here and there, but to no avail. Then, last week I was checking out the Ways to Use it Challenge that is posted every Thursday hosted by Julia S. And lo and behold, in her signature line was the Slit Punch; tutorial and history link. I could not believe it!!!! What are the chances that I would actually find it? The very same week that I had been thinking about it, wishing I knew how to find it. Of course I took it as a sign that I was MEANT to teach this....So here is the card that we did.



As you can see from some of my recent cards I am totally loving some of the In Colors from 2007-2008. I seem to be using Guava, Wasabi, Pomegranate, and River Rock all of the time. On this card I used the Guava with Chocolate Chip and the River Rock was an accessory. In the middle of each flower are Clear Stickles, which are my favorite by the way. They match what ever color you put them on.
I used Bud Basics for the main image and it's coordinating wheel on the background with the retired French Script. Bud Basics is no Petal Prints but since that one had retired I was SO happy to see this set in the newest catalog. I used the Tab Punch to mount the sentiment and was so happy with the small but significant element that was added to the overall design.

This scallop is so easy to create that if you have the slit punch and have NOT done this...you MUST!!! It was so much easier than I thought it would be. And the ladies at stamp camp seemed to like it as well.

I think that today marks day 5! 5 days in a row that I have posted to my blog. That might very well be a record for me. And I think that the streak should continue. Do you think I can make it to 10?? I guess we will just have to wait and see on that won't we....

Thanks for coming by! Happy Stamping!

No comments: