Thursday, August 30, 2007

The first of Fall cards

Tonight, for the Limited Supply Challenge, Jen posted not 1, not 2, but 3 challenges for us to complete over the long weekend. Monday evening she is going to have a random drawing for a small prize. This card is the first of my 3 cards. I cannot even remember the last time that I actually completed a challenge on the evening it was posted. Most products used in this card are Stampin Up!
The stamp set is a one that will be in the upcoming Winter Mini. It is called Autumn Harvest.
The card base is Pumpkin Pie while the semi-circles are cut with my new Coluzzle from So Saffron. The main image was stamped in classic black ink on naturals ivory paper and then colored with non-SU pencils and gamasol. I used the designer label punch, double rectangle punch, ticket corner punch as tools with some non-SU ribbon and Rich Regals Brads for embellishments. The finishing touch was the white accents done with the gel pen.

So, other than using quite a few punches I really did limit my supplies. I could not find just the right sentiment for this so I left it off. I really wanted to do some paper piercing in the corners and add more ribbon and brads but the point of the LSC is to have or use limited supplies so I really tried to stick with that.

I am really happy with how this turned out and I am sure that I will use it as inspiration for some more fall cards. I am so NOT ready for Summer to be over but now that Labor Day is almost here I guess I need to face reality.

Thanks for coming by! Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Barb said...

This is so cute! I'm thinking maybe this is a good Fall set to get...