Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Cherish the Guava

I've been working on this card for a week. I loved the CC when it was posted but it just took awhile for it to all come together. I worked on it in stages, which for me is not typical.

The card base is Groovy Guava and the accent color is Soft Sky. Pick a Petal was used on the base and accent piece with Garden Silhouettes for the main image. I even threw in a little Baroque Motifs for fun as a layer. The vintage brads came on my last order and I was so excited to use them. I have a feeling they will be gone before I know it. The scallop edge was created with the slit punch, which you can find that tutorial for a couple of posts below. I also used my new SU! Cutter Kit with it's handy, dandy distressing tool to rough up some of the edges. As the final touch I sponged a little Soft Sky and Guava on the distressed edges to give it a light vintage feel.

I am really pleased that I did not push myself to make a card that was just so-so and took my time to create a card I am really happy with. It's been totally crazy here the last couple of weeks but tonight I just needed to stamp to save my sanity.


Thanks for coming by! Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh wow!! This is gorgeous!!