Tuesday, August 21, 2007

For my friend Barb.....


I had no idea it had been so long since I Blogged..and honestly I did not think anyone cared. I mean, I am no great stamper and my cards are just OK. But tonight I got an email from Barb
who took the time to send me an email and tell me to get off my a$$. So, Barb - this entry is for you.

So much has happened since May. I could keep you for days filling you in, but how about I start with a card! If you know me at all, you know we moved to a new house in March of this year. Our new house is twice as big as the old and the yard is about 5 times the size. And for some strange reason I just don't have the same time to stamp as I used to. But in the last month I have been making time to stamp and here are a few cards I have created.

This first card is a card I made for Rachel, one of my very best friends. We met early last year when my children started attending the daycare that she ran. We hit it off the moment we met and were pretty much inseparable from then on. Well, yesterday my Miss Rachel moved to Boise ID. It was one of the hardest things I've ever been through. And I wanted to make something very special for her. For this card I used some of the new In Colors. Groovy Guava is one of her favs so of course I had to use it. I also used Chocolate Chip and River Rock. I used my Cuttlebug for the Chocolate Chip section and the Baroque Motifs stamp set (another one of her favs). The 2 ribbons are the Guava and River Rock double stitched ribbons and the small image in the right corner is raised with a Zot. It took all I had to not let the tear drops fall on the card as I created it but I am so happy with how it turned out.

This next card I made last week, just trying to find my MoJo.

I am really loving most of the In Colors for 2007. Especially the colors in this card. I had just received my last Great Rewards order for 2006 and used my points for the Cutter Tool (LOVE IT!!) and a square punch. I remembered this layout from a Sketch Challenge and had to try it with my new punch.
I used the Perennial Favorites and French Flair stamp sets. The ribbon is the River Rock double stitched Grosgrain and the Horizontal Slot punch was used to offset the ribbon.
The butterflies are done in Guava and Pomegranate.







The last card I will post tonight is actually 2. These are Christmas (yes, Christmas) cards that I have designed for a customer of mine that has been purchasing cards to use in Marketing her personal consulting business for the last year. This will be the 3rd set of card she has ordered from me so far. I have had a lot of fun designing these for her and hope that I am not too burned out after making these so that I will also make some for myself.


These cards use the same colors and stamp set, just different layouts. For these I am using the rest of my stash of Cranberry Crisp and matching grosgrain ribbon. Of course I had to throw in an In Color so for this I choose the Wild Wasabi, as well as Chocolate Chip nd Clost to Cocoa. The images are colored with some non SU watercolor pencils and a blender pen. I am going to try a few with the Aqua Painter and Gamasol as well just to see how they turn out. I really think Gamsol makes the colors pop!
The background on the first card is the new SU background called Sanded.
My customer has ordered 20 of each of these cards so I know that will keep me busy for the next couple of weeks.


Lastly I figured I should share with you my other new ink. And it isn't Classic or Craft. Dye based or pigment. It isn't Copic Markers (even though I would really like some of those!!) or the much talked about Papertrey Inks. No, this ink is a little bit different.
This is NOT the most flattering picture of my waist but I LOVE my new ink. I have been thinking about the design and placement of this tattoo for a long time. About a month ago, a good friend of mine offered to take me and have this done as my early birthday present. I will try to get a better pic of it soon but I have to say in person it just looks awesome! The design is so crisp and clear and the colors are just vibrant!







So thanks Barb, for getting me back to my Blog. I guess to have readers you have to actually post and from time to time offer some goodies (can you say BLOG CANDY!) for people to keep coming back. I think it's time for me to put something fun together!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Yeah!! Jen!! A blog post! Your cards are great! Love what your doing with the baroque set and your Christmas cards! How cool to have someone ordering cards from you! And I love the tattoo! It is really pretty! I've been thinking about getting one for awhile now too. Just waiting until I whittle my waist down a little more. It's getting there!

On my cards I used the Coluzzle for the circles on one card and a Fiskar's circle cutter to do the other (this cuts better but placement is really hard!)

Thanks for posting!! :)