Thursday, May 10, 2007

More cards....

I have been really busy the last week or so, trying to get caught up on some challenges. Last week's Ways to Use it challenge was Acetate or window sheets. I would love to actually try a shaker card sometime but last week was not the time for me to take on a card that seems so hard and scary. So, instead I used the sheets to create the mirror effect. I have made one other card using this technique quite some time ago and I really liked it. Since I was able to make a trade and get Lovely as a Tree, I thought that would be a good set to try with this.

Another first for me was making an oversized, square card. The dimensions are about 5.5 X 5.5. The card base is Caribbean cool. The main image was stamped on Whisper White and stamped with Black Stazon. I used the Watercolor crayons and Gamasol for the coloring. The image is then mounted on Gable Green and Chocolate. A Chocolate polka dot ribbon was used as the final accent.





The other Way's to Use it challenge I did involved Orchid. I always think I am going to have a hard time with this color, but I am pretty happy with the way this turned out.

For this card the Orchid is used as the card base and the main image came from the set Bud Basics. It was in last year's summer mini (I think) and I really hope that it will be in the upcoming SU! Catalog. Black was used as the main accent color, with little splashes of Green Galore. I used both the word window punch and the horizontal slot punch on the card. It is a very bright, springy card and I really like it.











My family and I are leaving on Saturday morning for our first real family vacation since having both kids. It is a total spur of the moment trip, which is not like my DH at all. He called me last week at work one day and just said "Lets take a trip...get to some sunshine for a few days"
So, of course I jumped on it......We are going to the Happiest Place on Earth. And our kids have NO idea!!! I've been secretly packing all week, and we are just going to grab them out of bed Saturday morning and head out. We are going to spend 1 night with my brother in San Diego, hit the beach and SeaWorld. Then on Sunday, head to Anaheim for 3 days with Mickey and the gang. Our DD is just going to flip out when she figures out where we are at. I cannot wait to see the look on her face!!!
So, I won't be blogging about cards for the next week most likely but I am still going to try very hard to come and Blog about our day - The more I Blog, the more I like to Blog....

Thanks for stopping by!!!!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh.. these are pretty. Love the one with the trees!

Soguesswhat11 said...

I love your scene card - that's great!! Those trees look fantastic!