Friday, April 11, 2008

I love flowers!!

Spring is here and I just love the flowers that bloom this time of year. There are so many varieties and colors I just wish I could have them all in my garden.


This is a card I made for VSN last week. The challenge was to use as many flowers as possible. Since I am a pretty simple gal who makes pretty simple card this was my design.

The base of the card is Pretty in Pink and the paper is LilyKate by Basic Grey. Isn't it wonderful! It was a gift to me and I just LOVE it. The girl image is an Elzybell sent to my by the very wonderful, amazing Jody Morrow. She has always been one of my favorite designers and a huge inspiration. The image is colored with regular SU! markers and mounted on a pink scallop. Because I did not want to distract from the image or paper I used only a small pink grosgrain ribbon as an accent. The card is finished off with a layer of Primas I got through one of Jody's "famous" Prima Shares, and a pink jewel brad. This card is smaller than most I make measuring 4.25 X 4.25.

Thank you so much for coming by. I hope you find some inspiration here today.
Happy Stamping!
Jen

No comments: