Monday, September 03, 2007

True Friend

When the new Stampin' Up! catalog came out in July there were quite a few sets that I was on the fence about. The set used in the card made for this weeks Color Challenge was one of them.
This set is called True Friends and it really follows the whole "Boho West" style. At first I did not think it was for me, but over the last 2 months it has really grown on me. In fact, on my last order I chose quite a few sets from this style.

The color challenge this week was Groovy Guava and Always Artichoke. I would not have put these 2 colors together on my own, which is a perfect example of why I LOVE the SCS challenges.
The card base is Grovy Guava. All neutral pieces are done with Naturals Ivory and all accent pieces are Always Artichoke. The background was done with the new set called Sanded. True Friend from the Holiday Mini was used as well as the background stamp Paisley. The brads are from the Rich Regals Brad set and the ribbon is the Groovy Guava Double Stitched Grosgrain.
I did a little direct to paper on the flower image but no other techniques were used for this card. It is very simple and yet I am SO happy with how it turned out!


Thanks for coming by! Happy Stamping!

No comments: