Thursday, February 01, 2007

Bitten by the bug


Well, it happened.....I was trying to avoid the craze but alas, I've been bitten. The Cuttlebug got me good. I don't have many gadgets when it comes to stamping but this little machine is amazing. The dry embossing is does with easy and the dies cuts it makes are fantastic. It even cuts Chipboard. Last night I made a bunch of little tags and charms for my mother in law, who just started stamping at Christmas. I think she will love the little package I put together for her.

The first card I made with the bug is going to a very special friend, who was kind and generous and gifted me this wonderful little toy. I forgot to take a picture of it, and now it's off in the mail. So, I thought I would post about the 2nd card I made with the Bug. I used the swirl folder to do the face of the card, as well as the diagonal panel. On the panel I sponged Night of Navy ink. The Rose is tone is Night quite Navy, Night of Navy and some stickles. It is popped up with Zots on both the card face and the rose image. These colors were from the color challenge for this week and the sketch was the SC for the week. Both were a bit hard for me, but I like how it turned out none the less. It still needs some kind of sentiment but not sure where to put it. I guess it's still a work in progress.


I have about 6 more folders coming for the Bug and I can't wait to get them. One has hearts in blocks and I think it will make a great Valentines Day card for my challenge chaser buddies. Now, I just need to find a good place to buy some die cuts and I'll get really rollin'.

Thanks for coming by to read the blog. I am planning to do some work on the page this weekend , add some links and maybe change things up a bit. So stop by next week and see what is going on. Plus VSN is this weekend and I'm sure I will have lots of posts/pictures from that!

No comments: